Here at Surab Ltd, we take the health and safety of our staff and customers seriously. This is why we are following the Government Guidelines when it comes to handling the COVID-19 pandemic. Below we have included a breakdown of the steps that we are taking when it comes to visiting our customers’ homes to carry out some work.
Arriving At Your Household
We will communicate with you prior to our arrival, we will then ensure that your household understands the social distancing and hygiene measures that should be followed and the procedures once our work has commenced. This will minimise the risk for all parties.
Steps Taken When Working In Your Home
- No work will be carried out in a household which is isolating where one or more family members have symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield – unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household.
- When working in a household where somebody is clinically vulnerable but has not been asked to shield, for example, the home of someone over 70, prior arrangements should be made with vulnerable people to avoid any face-to-face contact, for example, when answering the door.
- We will be particularly strict about handwashing, coughing and sneezing hygiene, such as covering the nose and mouth and disposing of single-use tissues.
Moving Around When Working In Your Home
- We will contact your household ahead of a visit to ask that a 2m distance is kept whilst we are working.
- We will request that households leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
- Identifying busy areas across the household where people travel to, from or through, for example, stairs and corridors, and minimising movement within these areas.
- Allocating the same workers to a household where jobs are repetitive.
Keeping The Work Area Clean
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly
- Arranging methods of safely disposing of waste with the householder.
- Removing all waste and belongings from the work area at the end of a job.
Handling of Goods & Other Materials Within The Household
- We will ensure that social distancing and hygiene measures are followed when supplies or tools are brought into/removed from the home.
- When the job is complete we will remove the waste in bulk if possible.